Click here for the Open Letter to Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL) on Open Source DOE-2.1E.
White Box Technologies
is an international firm pooling together
significant expertise of experienced engineers, architects, building physicists,
and building modelers. With offices in 4 states we bring together high levels of
- Building energy simulation (EnergyPlus, DOE-2 including interfaces VisualDOE and eQUEST, prototypical buildings, and worldwide weather data)
- Daylighting and airflow analysis (Radiance, CFD)
- Sustainable building design support services, including commissioning, building performance monitoring / evaluation, LEED certification, and tax
- Technical assistance supporting sustainable building policies including: building energy codes worldwide, training, weather data development.
- Training and Computer tools, including training in use of energy simulation tools, design tools, computer-based education tools, professional
continuing energy education
Our mission is to improve the efficiency, quality, and sustainability of
buildings worldwide by providing technical services for building design
assistance, energy simulation, and quality assurance via commissioning and
building performance evaluation.
Current and new projects include:
- Building energy simulations for LEED using eQuest and EnergyPlus (ongoing)
- Simulation analysis of residential and commercial buildings in China and India (ongoing since 1999)
- ASHRAE RP-1477 “Development of 2,500 typical-year weather files for international locations” (Oct 07 – Mar 09)
- Developing new standard weather files for the California Energy Commission (start Jan 09)
- Assist in the development and revision of Chinese building energy standards (since Oct 2000)
- Assist the development and implementation of a Chinese window energy rating system (since 2002)
- Assist China Ministry. of Construction to establish energy benchmark for public buildings (since July 07)